Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Photo Frenzy 3: Tsutaya Amakusa 5th Year Anniversary

Down here in Amakusa, there aren't too many options when it comes to shopping. Sure, we have a few supermarkets, a fair number of convenience stores, and the typical fast food chains like Mos Burger, McDonalds, and KFC. But if it's DVDs or games you're looking for there are really only two stores: Tsutaya and Geo. Imagine my surprise, then, to discover the Amakusa Tsutaya has only been here a few years longer than I have.


It may be hard to make out in the picture, but the seal in the corner (and the much larger Japanese text beside it) proudly proclaim this to be the 5th year anniversary of the store. As my most frequented store, I have a difficult time imagining Amakusa without it.


The entrance was similarly decorated with giant "T"s made of colored tissue paper flowers. My students used a similar style for the borders of their sports day mascots. おかげさまで translates to "with your backing/assistance". I like the inclusion of the heart on the right side. Naturally, I purchased a few things during this visit: the current Hyper Hobby Magazine and the DVD for The Gothic World of Nyanpire. Look for a review of the latter some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment