Tuesday, May 1, 2012

mAyKB48 (0/48): An Introduction

For the month of May, my fiancee and I thought it would be fun to give ourselves a challenge of sorts. A theme for the month of May: AKB48. It's no secret we're fans of Japanese popular culture and it doesn't get much bigger than this idol girls' group. The hope is that we'll write up 24 entries each covering various aspect of the group, its dynamics, offshoots, sister groups, and members. If successful, we'll have 48 entries total.

The concept practically wrote itself.

As this is a cross-blog event, we'll mark each entry with a number so you'll know the order they were written. For my part, I will attempt to keep some of my mainstay types of entries (weekend review, kanji in context, etc.) consistant, just give them an AKB focus. Whether your a newcomer or a seasoned wota, I hope you enjoy the coming month. April is over. It's the first of mAyKB48!

No comments:

Post a Comment