Tuesday, May 8, 2012

mAyKB48 (7/48): Kashiwagi Yuki- Attractive 推しメン

Today will be my last entry concerning a current member of AKB. Let's talk about Kashiwagi Yuki.


Yuki, also known as Yukirin, joined AKB with the 3rd generation in 2006. She was one of the original members of Team B alongside Mayu. Yuki has gone on to become the leader and most popular member of the team. She and Mayu have always had a close relationship. While there are lots of examples of pairings within AKB, theirs has always been my favorite.


Yuki's relationship with Mayu was probably what first got me to notice her. They are often classified as "child" and "adult" in terms of their personalities, with Yuki taking on the role of the adult. Here's another clip of the two of them, this time during a game of "honesty chess." Each girl is hooked up to a lie detector and must answer questions the other has prepared ahead of time. 


Yuki occasionally appears on the news delivering the weather forecasts. If you watch the complete episode of the clip above, however, you'd find that she doesn't really consider weather as a hobby or interest.


What keeps Yuki in my top five is the simple fact that I think she is attractive. Though she occasionally looks a little spacey in pictures, she is a very beautiful girl.


As far as her singing ability, I find her to be okay but not great. She is a part of the three member sub-group French Kiss if you want to hear her voice highlighted a bit more. Personally, their music isn't my favorite, but again it isn't because she sings poorly. She was also voted best dancer by the members of Team B, so it's clear that she has real talent as a stage performer.

Yuki may not share my interests or inspire me in any meaningful way as my other 推しメン do, but she has nevertheless stayed on my list for a while now, though admittedly not nearly as long as Sae or Mayu and always near the bottom.  Her interactions with Mayu always make me smile and I feel she fills a niche within my favorites that would be missed without her.

This girl!

1 comment:

  1. Let's Vote for Kashiwagi Yuki ! Yukirin !(period 5.21-6.7)
    柏木由紀に投票しましょう!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqGx5oupkac

    Why Do you must to vote for Kashiwagi Yuki ?
    Answer, Look at this Performance !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8saZD7rJ7DI

    ReplyDelete