Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Children's Games: Cops and Robbers

Today, my entire fourth grade class organized a game for recess so we could all play together. First, they took suggestions of games we could play, followed by voting. The game we ended up playing was cops and robbers, though it took an awful lot of explaining and the fortuitous fact that my kids knew the word "police" despite me never teaching it to them. Basically, the game was a variation on tag, where tagged people had to go to the sandbox, or jail, until they were rescued by their friends.



There's kind of a standing rule at this school about how fast I'm allowed to run. It's a brisk enough pace to get me tired, but not so fast that catching me is impossible. One student was super excited about catching me twice. I played with them for the whole recess period and when we finished, they asked if I had fun playing with them, which I totally did. I have great students!

No comments:

Post a Comment