Monday, May 16, 2011

Study Time

Monday nights are study nights with Anne and Emily from 6 to 9. We've picked out a few local restaurants with ample space for our books and things. Tonight we studied at Honey. I try to get through two pages each session. It's nice to have a set time to do these kinds of things. I like structure.


Emily is studying for the level one JLPT test, meaning her Japanese is much better than mine. It's nice to have her there to answer my innumerable questions. Her setup includes a small computer, an electronic pocket dictionary, and a few old JLPT tests.


I don't believe Anne is actually taking the JLPT this summer, but she nevertheless has study material for the level 5 test. Anne can speak and read Chinese, so I think the kanji is a little bit easier for her, though she has to relearn some meanings and pronunciations.


I'm studying for level 3 of the JLPT, so we have a pretty balanced group. But you can't focus all of a three hour session on studying. Here's a piece of paper sitting atop my book that soon became a small pig for Emily. Origami is a nice distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment