Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cursive Writing

I saw Mirei write her name in cursive on the board before science class today. After lunch, I asked her if she could write it for me again. She was really shy about showing me at first, but her writing was really good. Misato and Mei also wanted to learn how to write their names. We proceeded to spend the rest of teeth brushing time and most of recess practicing everyone's names, both first and last. All of them wrote their names in their journals and wanted to show me and see if it was alright.


This whole exchange had nothing to do with what we're learning about in class right now, but it was still a lot of fun. Due to Misato's avid interest in English, this time of the day has sort of turned into an impromptu class. Regardless of what we're doing, she'll ask me about relevant English words. Case in point, last week we were collecting bugs to feed to the school's fish and I taught the kids a good number of bug related words. Add in Mirei's boundless energy and Mei's quiet genius and it makes for some really great moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment