Friday, February 10, 2012

Origami A Day 5: Godzilla

While searching for cool new origami patterns, I ran across this site and decided to try my hand at folding a Godzilla. I used a 4.5 inch square of green Fold'Ems origami paper.

The models on this site are really cool and I hope to fold some more soon, but am having a bit of trouble with the way the directions are presented. I really don't like the use of photos for directions, as the darker color of the paper sometimes made the folds difficult to see. I attempted a few other diagrams on the page as well, without much success. The Godzilla model is the easiest one I looked at, though I'd still rank it an intermediate model overall. It took me about half an hour to fold.


I must say I'm really impressed with this model. It's challenging and detailed, but not overly complicated or thick. In other words, it's the perfect model for me. 


The head is probably the thickest point, with four layers to either side. Still, it was simple enough to shape.


The feet are really nice for a model this small and didn't give me that much trouble. The model is balanced enough to stand on the feet if you fold them just right.


I liked it so much, I made a Mecha-godzilla from one of my special foil pieces. Those things are hard to fold.

Fight!

Godzilla: King of Monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment