Monday, February 13, 2012

Origami A Day 8: Pocket Heart

Today's Valentine's themed model comes courtesy of Wikihow. I used a piece of pink 5 7/8 inch Fold'ems paper.

This is among the easiest models I've folded since starting these blog posts. Though I don't personally care for picture instructions, these are clear and concise and have commentary for every step. It took about 10 minutes to fold.


The results are nice enough from the front. However, I can't seem to get the model to lie flat, despite leaving it pressed in a book for several hours.


The problem is the back, which has to be folded over a few times to make the heart shape. The center wedge is particularly difficult to keep down.


This is once again a heart shaped model with a pocket built in, this time as a slit that runs down the center. I could see sticking a letter or small chocolate in here, but I personally like yesterday's approach a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment